Course Substitutions

Students seeking course substitutions for their General Education requirements must contact the Dean of their admitting School or College.  The GEOC does NOT approve course substitutions.

At the request of departments, the GEOC reviews and approves courses for General Education offering.  The GEOC does NOT pro-actively select which courses will be considered for GenEd status.  This means that the GEOC cannot consider courses for GenEd status at the request of a student, nor can it approve GenEd course substitutions.  Only individual departments and their deans can do this.