The General Education Oversight Committee (GEOC) is a subcommittee of the University Senate's Curricula and Courses Standing Committee.
Its primary (but not exhaustive) responsibilities are as follows:
• Setting the criteria for content area and competency requirements that General Education courses must satisfy
• Setting the criteria for entrance and exit requirements for the competency areas
• Reviewing and approving all course proposals for meeting general education requirements
• Developing policy for delivering the General Education program; determining the resources necessary to deliver the new General Education Requirements
• Reviewing General Education courses to ensure that they continue to meet the criteria adopted by the Senate
• Reviewing the University-wide General Education program to ensure that its goals are being met and recommending changes to the Senate Curricula and Course Committee when appropriate.
Proposals for the 2014-15 Provost's Course Development Grant Competition are currently under review.
The GEOC is currently seeking the following:
- CA1 Arts and Humanities Co-Chair
- CA1 subcommittee members
- CA4 Diversity and Multiculturalism Co-Chair
Email firstname.lastname@example.org if you are interested in serving.