The General Education Oversight Committee (GEOC) is a subcommittee of the University Senate's Curricula and Courses Standing Committee.
Its primary (but not exhaustive) responsibilities are as follows:
• Setting the criteria for content area and competency requirements that General Education courses must satisfy
• Setting the criteria for entrance and exit requirements for the competency areas
• Reviewing and approving all course proposals for meeting general education requirements
• Developing policy for delivering the General Education program; determining the resources necessary to deliver the new General Education Requirements
• Reviewing General Education courses to ensure that they continue to meet the criteria adopted by the Senate
• Reviewing the University-wide General Education program to ensure that its goals are being met and recommending changes to the Senate Curricula and Course Committee when appropriate.
Use this form to submit a proposal for a new course, a course revision, or a course deletion: Curricular Action Request Form
Click here for more information about:
Senate Curricula and Courses Committee
University Interdisciplinary Courses Committee (UICC)
UConn Writing Center
Quantitative Learning Center
The 2013-14 Provost's Course Development Grant have been selected! Congratulations to:
- Ellen Carillo - Revision of ENGL 2049W Writing Through Research (W)
- Kyle Hadden & Marcy Balunas - Creation of PHAR 1005 Molecules in the Media (CA3)
- Eduardo Urios-Aparisi & Ana Maria Diaz-Marcos - Creation of SPAN 1XXX Fashion, Design, Art and Identity in Spain (CA1, CA4)
New Members Needed!
The GEOC is currently seeking the following:
- CA1 Arts and Humanities Co-Chair
- CA1 subcommittee members
- W (Writing) Co-Chair
- W (Writing) subcommittee members
- CA4 Diversity and Multiculturalism Co-Chair
Email firstname.lastname@example.org if you are interested in serving.
Read the GEOC Chair's General Education Blog
The next GEOC meeting will be:
October 2, 2014
Watch the September Daily Digest for Provost's Office Grant Competition Announcements
Deadlines to submit:
- Proposals to offer a Gen Ed course in the Winter Intersession: October 2014
- 2015-16 Catalog Deadline: September 2014